- UK Government does not understand digital divide – committee report 18 September 2019 | 3:52 pm
- Huawei all smiles with $1.5bn developer plug amid the chaos 18 September 2019 | 3:48 pm
- Should operators try to own the edge? 18 September 2019 | 2:01 pm
- FCC moves to kill off all exposure to Huawei in rural networks 18 September 2019 | 11:15 am
- IBC 2019: is 4K anything more than hype? 18 September 2019 | 11:00 am
OpenDaylight is an open platform for network programmability to enable SDN and NFV for networks at any size and scale. Enterprises, service providers, equipment providers and academia can download Hydrogen today and begin to evaluate, commercialize and deploy SDN and NFV.
OpenDaylight software is a combination of components including a fully pluggable controller, interfaces, protocol plug-ins and applications. The Northbound (programmatic) and Southbound (implementation) interfaces are clearly defined and documented APIs. This combination allows vendors and customers alike the ability to utilize a standards-based and widely supported platform without compromising technical creativity and solution innovation. With this common platform both customers and vendors can innovate and collaborate in order to commercialize SDN- and NFV-based solutions.